[GRASSLIST:7661] Re: Voxel visualization, grid3D creation

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Jul 21 05:31:40 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 09:16:58AM +0000, Jeroen Wortel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any documentation/hands on/examples available of grid3D
> creation and Voxel visualization in Grass 6?

The documentation written for GRASS 5 is still usable with
a few changes. In case you are using our book (preferably the
second edition 2004), these simple modifications are needed

 http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/grass6/index.html#cha7
 -> p. 172-173

For other documentation please refer to the ModulePortingList in the
Wiki:
 http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/ModulePortingList#Volume_modules

To warm up, the "Slovakia 3D precipitation data set" is very useful:

 http://mpa.itc.it/grasstutor/data_menu2nd.phtml
 -> slovakia3d.tar.gz
 -> see README there

Note that NVIZ has a bug to visualize volumes, on my Mandrake box it
works while it doesn't on RHEL4.

Hope this helps

 Markus