[GRASSLIST:7666] Re: graduate color in NVIZ based on Postgres

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jul 21 17:01:46 EDT 2005

Peter,

You are correct, in that you can't use the values stored in a GRASSRGB
column to color points. I seem to remember that someone was working on
changing this.

This is in part why I wrote the thematic mapper script. Using
d.vect.thematic, you CAN create a thematic point (or line or area) map with
the colors varying according to the (numeric) value of one of the attribute
fields. It's pretty flexible for making such color-themed maps.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA