[GRASSLIST:7694] g.mapset OR g.gisenv (GUI wishlist discussion)

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Sat Jul 23 16:09:21 EDT 2005

having posted a wish to be able to move between mapsets and locations
without closing out of GRASS I was given two options from two people
(ref bug#3456).

One was g.mapset and the other is g.gisenv. Some questions.

1. What is the difference between the two
2. Can a button be built in to show ALL mapsets and coresponsing
locations for either or both of these. This could enhance the gui
3. It appears that g.mapset creates only a NEW location. How do you
access a created location that is not current.
4. for g.gisenv is it possible to provide options of what variables are
possible to change? eg dataset, mapset, location and have these
accesible through a button.
5. could someone provide an example of how I might COMPLETELY move from
one location and mapset to a new location with a mapset of the same name.
6. Is thera followup wish I should post?

Again, I'm looking at this function from a users point of view. I'm sure
I will learn when I get the hang of it.

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician   |
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds                   		|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0    |
|Lat: 44.700      Long: -76.19                            	|
|www.watersheds.ca            gis at watersheds.ca     		|