[GRASSLIST:7740] minimum requirements

Dave Sampson gis at watersheds.ca
Fri Jul 29 10:48:26 EDT 2005

I'm running a small GFOSS session for some environmental science
students. I am wondering what the minimum hunk of junk I can run
GRASS6.1 on. I will be using QGIS as a secondary front end.

The docs only sugest storage of 100MB for source install. no CPU, RAM,
SWAP, etc etc.

Of course a slower processor means less processing power...

All datasets will be pre-fabbed (60km x 40km) on my base machine. the
most complex process will be some r.watersheds type processes.

thanks

|Dave Sampson: Geographic Information System (GIS) Technician	|
|Centre for Sustainable Watersheds				|
|Cooperative Approaches to Protect Canada's Water Resources	|
|14 Water St, P.O Box 280. Portland Ontario, Canada. K0G 1V0	|
|Lat: 44.700	Long: -76.19					|
|www.watersheds.ca		gis at watersheds.ca		|