[GRASSLIST:7090] Re: New Cygwin Grass installation clean_temp.exe problem

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jun 9 02:39:33 EDT 2005

Phillip,

I don't  know which older version you are running, but perhaps the best
thing is to simply delete the entire Cygwin directory and reinstall
everything.

Make sure you move any data you have in Cygwin to someplace else before you
delete it of course.

Also delete the Cygwin package directory (wherever you defined it). Then
empty the 'recycle bin'. Given that you've had a bit of trouble, you then
might restart your computer. Windows seems touchy sometimes (to a Mac
aficionado like me), and likes a reboot to completely 'forget' deleted
programs.

If you have a fast connection, the entire Cygwin/GRASS reinstall should take
less than 1/2 hour. After that, updates only take a few minutes.

Michael

On 6/8/05 8:55 AM, "paallen at attglobal.net" <paallen at attglobal.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just tried to install the latest and greatest
> cygwin binary of grass61 from the web.  Now I get
> the following error:
> clean_temp.exe - Enttry oint Not Found
> The Procedure entry point setpriority could not be
> located in the dynamic link library cygwin1.dll
>
> Did I do something wrong?
> I first errased the directory /usr/local/grass{old
> version I was running} and the grass files in the
> /usr/bin directory.  Was that my mistake?
>
> Any clues?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phillip J. Allen

PO Box 872402