[GRASSLIST:7093] WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for South

dooshiant dooshiant at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 04:08:51 EDT 2005

Hi,

Tried to import the raster file using r.in.gdal without success.
Can anyone advise how to get past the ¨WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal
latitude for South¨ error I keep getting. Am I doing something wrong? I
did come across several references to this error message in the list
archives but could not find the solution.

dooshiant

GRASS 6.0.0 (mru):~ > r.in.gdal -o in=/media/cdrecorder/34.png out=34
Over-riding projection check.
Proceeding with import...
WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for South
GRASS 6.0.0 (mru):~ > g.region -p
projection: 3 (Latitude-Longitude)
zone:       0
datum:      ** unknown (default: WGS84) **
ellipsoid:  wgs84
north:      19S
south:      20S
west:       57E