[GRASSLIST:7242] Re: please lookup this bugreport

janabhaaratii at ncst.ernet.in janabhaaratii at ncst.ernet.in
Mon Jun 20 14:11:53 EDT 2005

Hi,

> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 07:24:29PM +0530, janabhaaratii at ncst.ernet.in wrote:
> >

> > Hi list,
> >   I would request you to look up
> >         http://www.intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3189&display=History
> >   this is related to localization og GRASS to indic languages.
> >
> > thanks
> > Swapnil Hajare
> > janabhaaratii team
>
> Hi,
>
> actually I don't fully understand the problem. GRASS 6 is able to
> render multibyte fonts also in the Tcl/TK GUI (from UTF-8
> encoded .po files).
>
> I have added an example here:
>  http://grass.itc.it/devel/i18n.php
>  -> Tcl/TK TTF Support (middle of the page)
>
> Screenshot:
>  http://grass.itc.it/images/grass6_chinese_zh.jpg
>
> If it works for simple chinese, it should also do for other languages.
> But maybe I am missing the point.
>

> Let me propose the following: If you could translate a minimum
> (a few messages) and send us the .po file, we can insert it into
> GRASS and run some tests. Please indicate which locale/font packages
> are needed.

I have uploaded partially translated grass po files for Marathi (mr_IN) to
http://www.janabhaaratii.org.in/portal/Members/swapnil/tmp/gis/
locale: mr_IN
encoding: UTF-8
Font: http://www.janabhaaratii.org.in/janabhaaratii/src/fonts/Gargi_1.7.ttf
I have done the translations for demonstration only. They are not final.
Now will wait for your response.

bye
Swapnil Hajare