[GRASSLIST:7266] Re: m.cogo link broken

David Finlayson david.p.finlayson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:11:23 EDT 2005

A good map projection can limit the damage. In the US, State Plane
projections are designed for accurate surveying work for fairly large
parts of a state (that is 100+ km). If I recall correctly the
Washington State Plane North projection (my home state) has a maximum
error of only a few cm over its target domain.

David

--
David Finlayson
Marine Geology & Geophysics

Office: Marine Sciences Building, Room 112
Phone: (206) 616-9407
Web: http://students.washington.edu/dfinlays