[GRASSLIST:7392] v.in.sites

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 30 13:47:41 EDT 2005

Hi all, I am having trouble getting v.in.sites working.  I have a 3d
sites file from GRASS 5.3 that has seven different floating point
attributes.  When I use v.in.sites, I get the following error:

v.in.sites input=pinatubo output=test

GRASS_INFO_ERROR(661,1): Default database is not set
Input format: dimension: 3   strings: 0   FP:7

I just want to use the normal dbf that grass uses. Do I need to set up
the database table before importing the old format?  Shouldn't that be
done automatically for me?  When I run v.info on the new file I get:
v.info test
ERROR: Cannot open old vector test at ianmacmillan on level 2

After running v.build, I get:
v.build test
WARNING: coor files of vector 'test at ianmacmillan' is larger than it
should
          be (14 bytes excess).
Building topology ...
0 primitives registered
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids: Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   0
Number of primitives:   0
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   0
Number of centroids :   0
Number of areas     :   0
Number of isles     :   0

I must be doing something stupid here.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ian

Using 6.1cvs (6-25-2005) on OSX 0.3