[GRASSLIST:7395] [Fwd: Re: grass_I error]

Thomas Colson tom_colson at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 30 16:18:30 EDT 2005

8.4, but I have found (after days of builds, posts, and throwing chairs)
that nothing on FC4 will work with tcl/tk 8.4

the dependencies are very specific for grass6 and it will generally not
work correctly if you upgrade to the next version of even one of
them...it's best to stick with the versions listed in the requirements.

compile each of the requirements and scan the config logs for any errors
before compiling grass. Most of them include test apps (fftw had many
tests) run those to make sure all installed correctly.

Are you aware of the ldconfig trick? Update your path(s) and then run
ldconf...sometimes that helps grass compile correctly.

I went thru this pain with FC4 last week. Good luck.

>  welll i have fftw 2.15,  tcl/tk 8.4, gdal 2.6, and i presume i have
> the latest X11 libs because i just upgraded to FC4...
>
> any other suggestions?
>
> On 6/30/05, Thomas Colson <tom_colson at ncsu.edu> wrote:
>> need fftw 2.1.5, tcl/tk 8.3, gdal 2.6.x, latest X11 libs. Rebuild all
of those, then try rebuilding grass.
>> > in the ps.map dir when making binaries, i get this error:
>> >
>> > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgrass_I
>> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> > make: *** [/drive/rpms/grass-6.0.0/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ps.map]
Error 1

tom_colson at ncsu.edu

tom_colson at ncsu.edu