[GRASSLIST:5965] Re: v.surf.idw (point in region!!!)

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 05:17:55 EST 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> So, I've applied the change and things seems to work now.
> In attachment i post the modified main.c file.
> Hope it can be usefull.....
>
> Maxi
>
> Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
>
>> I see that in function new point (line 372) the author exclude points
>> outside the region due to segmentation fault cased from new cell index
>> solution.

Not sure what you mean here---in the new method the points are indexed
according to which cell they fall into. It is not possible to index points
that are outside the current region in this way (because they don't fall
inside any cells) and so they are not included.

The -n flag doesn't index the points at all; it just uses all the points
in the vector/sites file.

>> My idea is to set a flag  (-a interpolate trough all the points) that
>> automatically select the old interpolation method to avoid any
>> segmentation fault.......

Please explain what you mean about the segmentation fault.

>> so it should looks:
>> -n means use old interpolation method
>> -a means use old interpolation method over all the sites

Yes but this is actually what -n does.

>> else use new method over points in region
>>
>> Impression and comments are welcome....
>> Maxi

I'm not sure I understand what the improvement does. If you could explain
better what the problem is with the existing version, it might help.

Paul