[GRASSLIST:5968] Re: v.surf.idw (point in region!!!)

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 06:28:54 EST 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Massimiliano Cannata wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> I try to better explain me.
> In the grass version I have (grass-6.0.0beta2) when I interpolate a vector
> point file by using v.surf.idw (with or wothout the -n flags) the points that
> are not in the current region are not considered.

Yes you are right. I thought it worked differently and this is a bug so I
have changed it in CVS. I hope that will be all right even though it's
near the 6.0 release. When indexing wasn't used it should have used all
the points just like the old algorithm did. (This is what I have
documented).

Hopefully it should work for you now and thanks for the bug report,

Paul