[GRASSLIST:5984] Concurrent use of GRASS

Jose Luis Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 11:04:25 EST 2005

Hi!
I have a dual CPU machine, and I would like to run several GRASS
programs in parallel. I found that since I need to change regions, I
end up having race conditions, and endless grief. I would rather just
use two different GRASS sessions to do things (maybe with a different
location). However, GRASS complains that
${USER} is currently running GRASS 5.4.0. Concurrent use not allowed.

I can easily get over this by running GRASS on two different machines,
but I'd like to use my 2nd CPU for GRASS programs!

Choose as many as you like:
a. Did I do something stupid?
b. Did I misread the manual?
c. Did I err? (Groo the Wanderer)

thanks!
Jose
--
Jose L Gomez-Dans, Research Assistant
Bristol Glaciology Centre, Geographical Sciences/CPOM