[GRASSLIST:5987] RE: moving layers from one machine to another

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Thu Mar 3 13:02:39 EST 2005

The way I do it is to use the tar command to package all necessary files
together. cd to the PERMANENT directory:

PERMANENT>	tar cvf filename.tar */filename

That will recursively go through all your grass subdirectories adding all
occurrences of file to the tar package.

Similarly, unpack the tar file in the PERMANENT directory of the destination
location with:

tar xvf filename.tar

~ Eric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~