[GRASSLIST:5998] Re: r.reclass not working in GUI

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Mar 4 02:53:33 EST 2005

Carlos Henrique Grohmann wrote:

> I just tried to reclassify a raster with r.reclass.rules, but I could'n do it
> with the GUI because there was no place to specify my rules! I had to use the
> command-line.
> shouldn't it open some kind of dialog?

It should spawn an xterm where you can enter the rules.

However, this won't work if your xterm binary is setuid or setgid and
GRASS was built to use shared libraries. For security reasons, the
loader discards the shared library search path stored in
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH when running setuid/setgid executables.

You can get around this problem by adding the GRASS library directory
(e.g. /usr/local/grass6/lib) to /etc/ld.so.conf then running
"ldconfig" as root.