[GRASSLIST:6075] Re: moving layers from one machine to another

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 05:01:23 EST 2005

I have just tested. Everything seems to work ok for me.

Linux/i686: 6.0.0cvs (2 days old)
Mac/G4:     6.0beta1 (Lorenzo's binaries + libraries)

downloaded spearfish57 onto Mac. Areas, lines, and points maps all
display fine.

on linux, made tar.gz of vector/ and dbf/ dirs and unpacked in a mapset
of the same projection. Areas, lines, and points maps all display &
query fine.

didn't try Mac -> Linux.

I can only guess that the problems have to do with transfering between
current 6.0 on linux and older 5.7 binaries on Mac or vice versa (solved
by v.build.all). OR transfering via a web browser or FTP program that
modifies newlines.
??

I guess if spearfish57 vectors really didn't work on Mac, we would have
heard about it by now. hopefully...?

AFAICT it's good to go Radim.

can anybody else test?

Hamish