[GRASSLIST:6079] resampling to fractional cover

Jed O. Kaplan jed.kaplan at jrc.it
Wed Mar 9 10:26:24 EST 2005

Hello,

I am using GRASS 6.0 cvs on Mac OS 10.3.

I have a very high-resolution raster map with category data.  I want to
make a series of coarse resolution raster maps from this base map that
contain the fraction of each coarse-resolution grid cell that is
occupied by a particular category in the fine-resolution base map.

I have looked at r.average but don't really see how to approach this
problem (or even if it would be possible with GRASS).

Any advice or examples would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help,

Jed Kaplan