[GRASSLIST:6101] r.in.gdal - reading in specific bands

Robert S. Nuske rnuske at gwdg.de
Thu Mar 10 10:31:14 EST 2005

Hi Listers,

I am trying to read in the 2nd band of a geotiff & *.pix ( PCI Geomatics
Database File). I need to read in the second band of a geocoded DEM
generated by Orthoengine.

Reading in all bands of a geotiff or PCIDSK with r.in.gdal works just great.

But I failed to read in only one band other than the first. No matter which
band I ask for I always get the first band. I also get the first band when I
ask
for a band that is not there.

> r.in.gdal -o in=ortho.tif out=ortho
works perfect and gives me ortho.red, ortho.green & ortho.blue

> r.in.gdal -o in=ortho.tif out=ortho.2 band=2
gives the same as ortho.red

> r.in.gdal -o in=ortho.tif out=ortho.unreal band=6
gives the same as ortho.red

Did anybody experience something similar?

robert