[GRASSLIST:6139] Re:

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 16:34:38 EST 2005

Knut,
Did you try interpolation rather than just nearest neighbour re-sampling?
Maybe method=bilinear rather than method=nearest. I don't think it looks
all that bad. Bear in mind that what appears to be the land/sea border
depends on the colour table you have chosen. E.g. much of the Netherlands
appears sea-coloured because it is actually below sea level.

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 knut.langeland at nina.no wrote:

> So, my question is; what is happening in the projection prosess of the
> etopo-raster that is not happening to the vector?
> It's obvious that there will be some distortion the further east/west
> from the utm33 zone we move, but why is the raster much more distorted
> than the vector?

Possibly because they aren't the same data? (or are they; you didn't say
where you got the vector map from).

I would recommend to read the r.proj man page if you haven't done so
already. Sorry can't be more helpful but just thought I'd comment.

Paul