[GRASSLIST:6192] RE: display manager and monitors

geir.systad at nina.no geir.systad at nina.no
Wed Mar 16 07:47:24 EST 2005

I use the graphical interface of Grass6.0.0 Cygwin stable (feb
something).
I have tried to import shapefiles into grass, and get messages like
this:

v.in.ogr dsn=/cygdrive/c/xxx/periode1a.shp output=p1a min_area=0.0001
snap=-1
PROJ_INFO file not found for location N50kart
PROJ_UNITS file not found for location N50kart
Projection of input dataset and current location appear to match.
Proceeding with import...
Layer: periode1a
Building topology ...
Registering lines:
238 primitives registered
Building areas:

238 areas built
238 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids:

When I try to present it on maps, only the boundaries of the areas show
up -

GRASS 6.0.0 (N50kart):~ > WARNING: coor files of vector 'p1a at PERMANENT'
is larger than it should be
         (33479 bytes excess).
WARNING: Cannot display areas, topology not available
WARNING: Cannot display topology, not available

When I use v.external, the map writes out afterwards without problems.
The number of primitives is different.

v.external dsn=/cygdrive/c/xxx/periode1a.shp output=p1d layer=periode1a
Building topology ...eature:     100   200 238
Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   476
Number of primitives:   476
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   238
Number of centroids :   238
Number of areas     :   238
Number of isles     :   238

What is the problem with the coor file made by v.in.ogr? Can anyone
help?

Sincerely,
Geir