[GRASSLIST:6215] Re: Floodplain Analysis Toolkit

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 21:08:26 EST 2005

> Looking to Grass docs, I read about the Floodplain Analysis Toolkit
> (f.input,...) and other interesting hydrology related tools like
> "r.cn" and "r.cn.weighted". My question is if they are going to be
> ported to Grass 6.0 or substitute by others...

Raster modules will generally work the same in GRASS 5.4 and GRASS 6.0,
just need a new Makefile. Anything touching site or vector maps will
need some modification. A quick grep of the source code doesn't show any
site or vector functions so you should be ok.

"r.cn" is part of AGNPS which is in the non-GPL section of the GRASS
5.4.0 source code, which pretty much explains why no one has bothered to
add it to 6.0 as one does not have permission to distribute binaries
that include it. What the AGNPS license is exactly, I have no idea.

grass-5.4.0/src.nonGPL/agnps/r.agnps50/hydro_tools/

Hamish