[GRASSLIST:6288] v.surf.rast from converted vector

Michele michele.rocc at libero.it
Wed Mar 30 04:29:47 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm looking from a procedure to use old vectors(5.x) to generate DTM in grass60.

Grass5.x vector is generated with v.in.dxf + v.in.dxf3d + v.support, the layer contains elavation lines "elev".

At this point I have an old vector (5.x type) called "elev".

So I convert it with "v.convert" to the new vector (6.x) format and get a new vector called "elevn".

At this point this new vector "elevn" will not be good to generate a DTM with "v.surf.rst" because, I think there is no elevation attribute column to give as option to "zcolum" and of course DTM generation fails.
Maybe what I should do is to generate that column from the "category" value used in v.surf.rst in grass5.x to interpolate and generate the surface.

Any help is welcome, thanks Michele.