[GRASSLIST:6297] Re: California Albers and false northing

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 30 17:47:48 EST 2005

Tim, not sure if this helps, but here goes.  Whenever I use albers
equal area for California, it needs to be in nad27, which has the clark
1866 ellipsoid.  For nad83 stuff, I can't remember right now for sure,
but I think it uses the grs80 ellipsoid.  Also, everyplace that I have
seen landsat data, it comes in utm, but mebbe that is just me.  If it
helps, the only difference btwn your proj_info file and mine is that
mine specifies
datum: nad27

G'luck
-Ian