[GRASSLIST:6307] Re: r.terraflow

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Thu Mar 31 14:48:30 EST 2005

Maris

> if I have a C++ compiler, will configure detect it and compile with
> C++ or I have to force it with --with-cxx flag?

By now you have to specify --with-cxx explicite.

Maybe it is a good idea to autodetect if c++ is available during ./configure
and turn on the r.terraflow if so?

> Documentation for Grass 6.0 r.terraflow does not say anything about
> requirement to compile Grass with cxx support to enable terraflow.
> There should be a note about this.

Give it a wish or a bug report. Include that the info should also go to the
"INSTALL" file.

> Currently note is only in
> requirements list, but link (Installation requirements (needed
> libraries)) in download page (http://grass.itc.it/download/index.php)
> still points to 5.4 versions requirements list and there is no info
> about C++.

Mention this in the report as well.

> How often users have C compiler and no C++ compiler? Most Linux
> distros ship with both compilers (gcc and g++) or no compiler at all.

I think what Hamish meant is that if you choose the "devel tools" (or
something like this) to be installed in most distros the gcc-c++ won't be
included. It has to be installed seperatelly usually.

Maciek