[GRASSLIST:6695] Re: Does ODBC work in Grass 6 ?

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Mon May 2 05:52:20 EDT 2005

Hi Hamish

>  > A simple question:
>>  Does ODBC work in Grass 6 ?
>>  If yes, which platform please...
>>
>>  OSX platform: doesn't work (dbmi: protocol error -
>>  http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3154)
>>
>>  Now there are mysql, pg and dbf drivers but there are many other dbms
>>  and ODBC is a good option. In old 5.4 ODBC worked.
>

>along with that, did anyone ever get GRASS 6 working with FileMaker on
>the Mac, out of the box without having to buy 3rd party plugins?

My question is if ODBC in Grass 6 works in Linux or Cygwin. Someone
in these platforms works with ODBC in GRASS 6 ?

The other question is FileMaker Pro 7. Now FileMaker Pro 7 has a
structure like a true SQL database with Tables inside the file. This
is a big step for using FMP in new fields and, more interesting,
FileMaker Pro 7 (under Mac OS X and Windows) has two free extension
to enable FMP 7 to work like ODBC source: xDBC extension for sharing
and ODBC driver. These extensions are free. In normal FMP 7 (not
Advanced Server edition) is enabled only local sharing in the same
computer.
But there is a problem to link GRASS with FileMaker Pro 7. The ODBC
driver for FMP 7 is built with iODBC (default in OS X) and Grass
works with unixODBC.

Bye

||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131