[GRASSLIST:6768] Re: V.in.e00 and avcimport?

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Thu May 12 18:22:25 EDT 2005

Hi Jonathan

>I was hoping someone could tell me where acvimport (the executable) needs to
>be hiding in order for v.in.e00 to work?  I managed to compile it for MacOS
>X but I don't know where GRASS is looking for the binary in order to use
>it...
>
>By the way, to compile it for MacOS X (I think this is working):
>
>1) Download http://avce00.maptools.org/avce00/avce00-1.2.0.tar.gz (I can't
>seem to remember where I found v. 1.2.1 -- its somewhere out there).
>Decompress it (safari/stuffit will probably do it for you).
>2) cd avce00-1.2.1
>3) ranlib avc.a
>4) make

avcimport and e00conv binary for OS X are present in the package
GRASS FOR OS X at:
http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/

Install the libraries and you have all installed in /usr/local/grasslib folder.
In a previous mail I have explained how to compile this source in Mac OS X.

You can use v.in.e00 command inside Grass or if you want, use a
simple drag and drop application with name "avcimport-convert e00
file" inside "Grass/Extra" folder and you can convert an e00 file to
an Arc/Info coverage and you can use this new file with v.in.ogr
inside Grass.

Bye
||      Lorenzo Moretti        e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/|  ENEA prot/idr          Web: http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/
||   |  via Don Fiammelli, 2   FTP: ftp://ftpamb.bologna.enea.it/ (ris.)
~~~~~~  40128 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086  Fax: +39-0516098131