[GRASSLIST:6781] Re: R: Re: Qgis GUI

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri May 13 14:56:15 EDT 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 17:33, Aldo Clerici said:

> There will not be a new GRASS version without d.m. There will be a new QGIS
> version with new features for working with GRASS.
>
> d.m will continue to exist. It is still being enhanced by the way (see
> Michael's great new d.vect.thematic...)
>
> Moritz
>

> At this point I'm a bit confused.
> If I have well understood, the official GRASS GUI will continue to be d.m
> (and v.digit will be available too).
> Qgis (with its digitizing facilities)is an alternative optional GUI.

more than just digitizing facilities
see http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/Adding_New_Tools_to_the_GRASS_Toolbox

> Am I correct?

Yes. Radim, the original author of d.m is now concentrating on integrating
GRASS and QGIS, but others continue the development of d.m so that GRASS can
have a GUI of its own without depending on any other program.

Moritz