[GRASSLIST:6815] PROJ trasformation parametrs for datums

Luca Penasa luca.penasa at email.it
Thu May 19 12:48:09 EDT 2005

Im working with Grass to georeference some maps. iv created a new
location where to put georeferenced data. Its a Gauss-Boaga loaction and
into the poj_info's file i see:
towgs84=-104.1,-49.1,-9.9,0.971,-2.917,0.714,-11.68
I know this is the correct towgs84 parameter but i cant understand how
does it work. I know that it's used for the datum trasformation, but i
also know that the gauss-boaga system is based on the internation
ellipsoid, so...the wgs84 parameter is used for the trasformation from
which ellipsoid?

Thanks a lot for the help, and sorry for my english...

 Sponsor:
 Migliaia di manuali e guide scaricabili su: Hacker, Reti, Webmaster, Windows e non solo...clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3412&d=19-5