[GRASSLIST:6895] Re: GRASSLIST digest 1729

Paulo Marcondes paulomarcondes at gmail.com
Thu May 26 11:31:16 EDT 2005

On 5/25/05, Brian J. Torreano <grassgis at btdarters.com> wrote:
> Dear Paulo,
>      Yes, I am trying to run GRASS on CYGWIN.  I don't remember how to
> check my windows environment variables, and I wouldn't know which
> ones to look for if I did.  Also, I don't know if I have all of the
> required packages or what they are.  I am a GRASS newbie, I know
> nothing.

OK Brain,

let me apologise.
I wrote those while I was at work, away from any windows with cygwin/grass.
Now, I am at home, and I´ve just double checked my grass install and
could not find anything that could help me helping you.

I wasn´t able to find any windows environment variable that could
relate to grass.

I am a bit upset about this.

I shall not tell you to uninstall cygwin and try again, but I would do
that. That is what I would do, but I advise against it. I think it is
the shortest route, but then, the shortest route is not always the
easiest.

--
Paulo Marcondes
zpaulomarcondesz at gmail period comz