[GRASSLIST:6933] Re: grass to hardcopy map outputs

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Sat May 28 13:17:44 EDT 2005

On May 28, 2005, at 5:05 AM, RAVI KUMAR wrote:

> Dear All,
> GMT was the suggested program for Cartography and map hardcopy outputs.
> 1. Please suggest if there are any workedout exercises.
> 2. Is there any other FOSS software recommended for work similar to
> Autocad or Microstation.
>
> ThanQ
> Ravi

Ravi,

While GMT can produce quality output maps from GRASS data, the GMT
syntax can be a little daunting at first. Furthermore, the GMT man
pages can sometimes be a bit terse.

I am working on documenting some examples of a GRASS - GMT workflow
here:
http://169.237.35.250/~dylan/grass_user_group/map1.html

Hope this helps,

--