[GRASSLIST:8878] Re: photo.camera: How to make? My binary is missing!

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Fri Nov 4 04:36:12 EST 2005

Markus, indeed I found them there too, heh.  Oops.  I guess I forgot
that you can just enter a new name at the prompt.  The prompt looks the
same as picking a datum from a list, so I thought you would have to
pick an existing file.  My mistake.  Seems to be working fine.

-Ian

On Nov 4, 2005, at 1:11 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> The photo.* commands are sitting in
>
> cd $GISBASE/etc/photo.*
>
> at least they should and they do so on my Linux box.
>
> Markus
>
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:57:59PM -0800, Ian MacMillan wrote:
>> Phillip, I have found the same issue with my version of GRASS (OSX).
>> I have looked in both my 6.0 source bin directory and in my 6.1cvs
>> (Oct. 22 source) bin directory.  No photo commands in either version.
>> My binaries came from Lorenzo's page.  I have looked at the source for
>> 6.0 and 6.1cvs and noticed that the photo commands are present there
>> (under i.ortho.photo), but I am not sure why they aren't sent with the
>> binaries.  Specifically it looks like the mod_cam_info.c command
>> doesn't get included.
>>
>> I don't know that I am savvy enough (or have the time to get myself to
>> that point) to fix this myself.  Any developers have some insight?
>>
>> -Ian
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am trying to ortho-rectify some photographs and have a problem.
>>> The
>>> program "photo.camera" doesn't exist in my Cygwin installation (
>>> grass6.1.cvs-i686-pc-cygwin-02_09_2005) that I downloaded off the
>>> net.
>>>
>>> I am running i.ortho.photo and have run through steps 1-3 and now
>>> on the
>>> 4th step I need to select the camera file.  I only have the option
>>> list existing camera files and I have none.  I have tried to run
>>> the
>>> photo.camera program but it doesn't exist.  Actually none of the
>>> photo.*
>>> commands appear to exist on my system.  Was there a problem when
>>> this
>>> binary was compiled?
>>>
>>> If the camera file is ASCII can I build it by hand?  If so what's
>>> the
>>> format?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Phillip Allen
>>> e-mail: paallen at attglobal.net
>>

> --
> Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it
> ITC-irst -  Centro per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
> MPBA - Predictive Models for Biol. & Environ. Data Analysis
> Via Sommarive, 18        -       38050 Povo (Trento), Italy

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry