[GRASSLIST:8904] Re: orthorectification of Quickbird satellite images

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Nov 6 01:18:31 EST 2005

If I remember correctly, i.points3 works fine in GRASS 5.
...but i.rectify3 does not. And you must have i.rectify3 to actually do the
rectification of the GCP's created in i.points3.

The main difference between i.points3 and i.points that I remember is that
i.points3 can use both raster and vector maps as a backdrop for
rectification. I.points uses raster maps only and i.vpoints uses vector maps
only.

I.points3 creates a text file of GCP's like i.points, BUT it does it with a
different format. Hence it requires i.rectify3 to use the data it creates.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213