[GRASSLIST:8927] statistic mode

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Tue Nov 8 02:39:27 EST 2005

dear users....
I have a problem regarding the aspect map...
I need to obtain the main orientation of some slopes...
if I use the r.univar module to obtain the everage of the cells values,
I obtain false results, because, for example:
 a slope degrading towards est is full of cells having values comprised
between 0 and 45 and comprised between 315 and 360... the average is
probably ~180.... exactly the opposite value I was looking for....

so I have thougth that I need probably the mode of the distribution,
i.e. the value of the cells which are more present in the map....

do you know how I can simply obtain the mode???
do you have a better solution

ivan

--
Ivan Marchesini