[GRASSLIST:8955] OFT: qgis - postgis

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Wed Nov 9 07:07:31 EST 2005

Dear all,

I have installed on a pc running mandrake 10, qgis0.7.pre2 compiled with
grass 6.0.1

contemporary I have compiled PostgreSQL 8.1 and postgis1.0.4 with geos,
proj and plpsql....

I have used SPIT to import succesfully a points map into postgis...
I can see the map, I can edit the map to remove points but I can't
insert new points....
when I try to insert points qgis put the point into the map but when I
stop to digitize the result is that it can't commit changes:

parse-error invalid geometry
context: SQL function geomfromwkb statment 1

can you explain me ho can I solve this kind of problem???
or which step can I do to verify if the installation of postgis is
rigth...

thank you very much...
I have posted the problem on the qgis forum but I haven't got
answers....

--
Ivan Marchesini
University of Perugia