[GRASSLIST:8978] Re: compilation of individual module

Ed Davison bfdi533 at cbacc-security3.mccombs.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 10 10:12:46 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 15:21 -0600, Ed Davison wrote:
> I have grass 6.0.1 src installed and am trying to compile an individual
> module.  I have copied the Makefile line  Makefile from v.in.ascii and
> changed the PGM line to the name of the module that I creating.  When I
> try to compile it I get lots of make errors.  The was the same set of
> errors that I got under the 6.0.0 src tree so it must be something
> particular to my build environment.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on why these include statements would not be
> being processed properly?

Seems that I have to have a fully compiled GRASS src tree in order to
compile a GRASS module.  When I did a top-level make on the src tree,
the module compiled without those include errors.  Now, I have errors
about linking but I believe that is more 5.x to 6.x conversion stuff
that I have so far missed.

That is definitely NOT in the INSTALL file (in the section "COMPILING
INDIVIDUAL MODULES - OWN MODULES) and it really needs to be if that is
that case.

Can anyone else confirm that this is indeed the case?  that the src tree
has to be compiled (but not necessarily installed) to compile a GRASS
module?

--

Ed Davison