[GRASSLIST:9037] Re: 3D blocks again

Ing.Peter Misovic peter.misovic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 13:42:14 EST 2005

HI Dylan,
Ok now I have understood what you ment but maybe I could summary our
problem again :

-we would like to server data as following :
POSTGIS -> mapserver for 2D (in future Open3DGIS)
POSTGIS (postgres) -> GRASS for 3D (Open3DGIS is not ready with boxes
now - planned for 0.2)

-Problem : we are not able corretly display box (cube) in NVIZ. We
tried to use GML,POSTGRES,ASCII, 3D shp from ArcView ... instead of
POSTGIS. But with no positive effect. Data are not showed correctly
f.e (no vertical polygons or areas, missing lines etc.).

So there are no correct data to export into POVRAY :((

We really don't know what to do :( My concept was based on PostGIS
(geometrycollection, multipolygons etc.) like data provider for
mapserver (2D) and Grass (3D). My last focus was on GML files
(displayin by VRML) but I'm not able to generate 3d GML file (for
example for import to Grass).

Peter Misovic
Peter Sasvari