[GRASSLIST:9089] Re: OFT: gpsbabel and usb serial adapter

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Tue Nov 15 19:25:26 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:00:40PM +0100, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <marchesini at unipg.it> flavor, containing:
> Dear users,
> does anyone has been able to download and uplod data from a garmin etrex
> connected to the laptop by a usb serial port adapter???
> I have tried with gpsbabel, but without success

I have done this with "GPSman" on my laptop.  THe nice thing about GPSman is
that with the "gpsmanshp"  plugin you can get it to export the tracks, routes,
and waypoints directly to shapefile for input into a GIS.

GPSman can be had at http://www.ncc.up.pt/gpsman/
and gpsmanshp is at http://www.ncc.up.pt/gpsmanshp/

Hope that helps.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1
 "The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that's hardly
  worth the effort." -- Norton Juster