[GRASSLIST:9121] Re: vector map

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Thu Nov 17 14:03:47 EST 2005

Andea, I don't know much about Gauss Boaga, but if it is in a different
projection than your city file (i.e. latitude-longitude vs. utm), then
create a new location that will match the buildings data.  From there
you can use v.proj in either location to project the data to the other
location.

Hope this helps,
Ian

On Nov 17, 2005, at 8:44 AM, andrea pastino wrote:

> Hi, i'm new to Grass and Gis in general. I've got a
> map of a small city(a dwg file), i've compiled Grass
> 6.0 with opendwg support and opened the map. I've got
> a file with Gauss Boaga coordinates of buildings in
> this city and i'd like to import these points in the
> map and locate them. What do i have to do ? I try
> searching manuals and tutorials but i can't manage to
> solve my problem.
> Thank you very much for help
> Andrea

> Yahoo! Mail: gratis 1GB per i messaggi e allegati da 10MB
> http://mail.yahoo.it

What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we
can assume it will be pretty bad.
  - Dave Barry