[GRASSLIST:9182] Re: [Fwd: Re: GRASS 6 in a nutshell tutorial]

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Tue Nov 22 02:53:06 EST 2005

Hello Luigi,

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 17:20:05 -0800 Luigi Ponti <lponti at infinito.it>
wrote:

> Thanks Ian and Hamish,
>
> I was eventually able to fix the problem by downloading a unprojected
> California layout shapefile (form <www.census.gov>) and then
> importing it via v.proj in the location with the digital elevation
> map. Apparently the official shapefile of California layout has a
> wrong latitude.
>
> Next step is to connect the output table of the population model
> (population densities at weather stations) to the map I have just
> created. This would hopefully result in an interpolated raster.
>
> Hamish suggested the following:
>
> Load in site data with v.in.ascii & interpolate between sites with
> v.surf.rst.
>
> According to the manual v.in.ascii uses the | separator. Is it worth
> to manually put the file in that format or do you think is better to
> convert it in a database to connect with a specific command?

you could use the fs="," for selecting a , as a selector.

have a look at the manual-page of v.in.ascii.

g.manual v.in.ascii or

v.in.ascii -h

Best
	Stephan

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508