[GRASSLIST:9192] Re: Color shaded relief

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Nov 23 02:09:18 EST 2005

A couple things to keep in mind. As Ian MacMillan, you can exercise a lot of
control over the color table of the draping map.

Also, there are several ways to control the creation of the shaded relief
map. Besides changing the altitude of the sun (lower makes more shadows and
accentuates relief), you can also change the z-exaggeration of the relief.
It is set by default to 1, but I often change it to 2 (double the apparent
relief).

Attached is a small jpeg example of what you can do.

Michael

Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213