[GRASSLIST:9212] Re: XY to Projection

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 24 00:16:05 EST 2005

ThanQ Maciek Sieczka
  This works and we have been doing this to rescue, those vectors hurriedly done
  without projecting the raster before vectorisation.
  This is a solution, but
  U export XY vector as a shape
  Then import it into a projected location, to do the job.

  I hope one day this will be simplified.
  Thanks again
  Ravi Kumar
  :
  Sorry for my previous email, my finger slipped and sent to soon.

Ok, so you have your unprojected vector layer digitised from an
unprojected raster map.

To project both do:

1. Project your raster map in Grass first (i.group, i.target, i.points,
i.rectify).
2. Export the unprojected vector to a shapefile and import to the
destination location, where your projected raster is stored. The vector
won't fit yet to your projected raster - of course - but you will fix it
with v.transform in next setps.
3. In the "group" directory of you source location there is a file
"POINTS" which was created by i.points when calibarting raster. Format
those points according to NOTES from v.transform manual page. Save the
file in you home dir as, say, "ravi_points"
4. v.transform input=your_unprojected_vector output=projected_vector
pointsfile=~/ravi_points.

Does this work (honestly, I haven't tried)?

Maciek

W polskim Internecie s± setki milionów stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.epf.pl/