[GRASSLIST:8523] Re: Interpolation

Eva L. Hulse evahulse at buffalo.edu
Thu Oct 6 12:48:01 EDT 2005

I have only been able to get v.surf.rst to work.  I think that
v.surf.idw wants my data to be in some other form, maybe with some sort
of attribute table.  I am not advanced enough for that.  I just import
x,y,z coordinates from ASCII text to vector, and then run v.surf.rst on
the resulting vector file (interpolating z).  So if it's interpolation
you want, try v.surf.rst for now.

eva.

Maik Trömel wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have imported vector-points and now I want to interpolate them.
>
> The points are 3d. I want to interpolate the z-coordinate with "inverse
> distance weighted interpolation from vector points". Attribute table
> column is required. I think here I have to specify that I want to
> interpolate the z-coord. I typed in Z but it doesn`t work. What do I
> have to type in here?
>

> I also tried out another opportunity. I have converted the vector points
> to raster format. Then I interpolated them. Now I want to visualize the
> result. But I can’t see anything.
>

> Does anybody know how it works?
>

> Greetings
>
> Maik

Eva L. Hulse
PhD Student
University at Buffalo Anthropology Department
evahulse at buffalo.edu