[GRASSLIST:8597] GRASS 6.0 and NVIZ

Brent Wood b.wood at niwa.co.nz
Wed Oct 12 19:19:09 EDT 2005

This is NOT the GRASS 6.1 & NVIZ thread, though it may be related :-)

I have compiled GRASS 6.0.1 on A64, under SuSE 9.3 A64.

I have extracted spearfish60.

The data seem to work fine under GRASS, but nviz segfaults.

NVIZ opens fine with no data, or with a flat surface instead of a DEM. I
can open a vector layer (such as roads) and draw this on the flat surface.

Any attempt to open the spearfish elevation.dem (or other raster) in nviz
causes nviz to crash with no error.

Running nviz from the command line instead of the gui, I get a seg fault
message in the terminal window.

Any suggestions?

I have an NX server running on this system, so if anyone wants to logon &
try things for themselves, it is easily done.

Thanks

  Brent Wood