[GRASSLIST:8624] v.in.ascii bug in 6.1cvs

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 14 05:46:07 EDT 2005

Hi all, I have found what I think is a little bug with v.in.ascii in
the 6.1cvs released from Lorenzo's site (Oct. 8 source).  When I run
this command.

v.in.ascii input=/Users/ianmacmillan/Desktop/pakistan_eq/mercalli2.csv
output=mercalli2 format=point fs=, 'columns=x double precision, y
double precision, city varchar(16), country varchar(12), mercalli
double precision' x=1 y=2 z=0 cat=0

I get this error in 6.1

*** malloc[2924]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x501820;
This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an
allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
Segmentation fault

But the exact same command in 6.0 imports the data just fine.
Unfortunately I don't really know what's going on.

Anyone else run into this?

-Ian