[GRASSLIST:8639] compiling question osx

Ian MacMillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 14 16:55:03 EDT 2005

Hi all, I am trying to compile a single module in grass on mac osx.
However I have been running off the binaries from Lorenzo's site
without ever compiling for source.  If I have the source as well on my
computer, and I have modified the module I want, what is the next step?
  I have tried just running make in that module's directory, but I am
running into all kinds of errors (a bit too numerous to list here).  It
seems like every time I track one down, another pops up, and I am
getting the feeling that I might be taking the wrong approach.

My question is this, if I haven't actually compiled Grass on my
machine, is it possible to then compile a single module without
recompiling everything else?  Do I need to change a bunch of file paths
in the module of interest first (ps.map)?

Thanks for any help y'all might give,
-Ian