[GRASSLIST:8641] v.to.rast with line layers

Miha Staut mihastaut at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 17:10:31 EDT 2005

Hi all!

I can't seem to find the way to rasterize a simple roads (line) vector layer. I
tried with points and areas and both worked, but lines did not. A peculiar
thing is that if I try to digitize a line vector and rasterize it, it works,
but with the "roads" vector layer I always get a blank raster. I did:

psql posts
posts=# \d roads
               Tabela "public.roads"
  Stolpec   |          Tip          | Modifikatorji
------------+-----------------------+---------------
 cat        | integer               |
 length     | double precision      |
 cod        | double precision      |
 gavprimary | double precision      |
 geometry_s | character varying(15) |
 link_name  | character varying(30) |
 id1        | double precision      |
 type       | character varying(50) |
 limits     | integer               |
Indeksi:
    "roads_cat" unikaten, btree (cat)
psql=# \q
GRASS 6.1.cvs (master):~ > v.to.rast in=roads out=roads use=attr col=limits

I also tried:
v.to.rast in=roads out=roads use=cat
v.to.rast in=roads out=roads use=val val=1
without success.

I even tried to copy the vector and export it in ascii and reimport it with the
same result.

I have maybe a month old cvs.

Suggestions are welcome.
Miha Staut