[GRASSLIST:8720] NVIZ and GIS Manager updates

Eva L. Hulse evahulse at buffalo.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:19:05 EDT 2005

I'm using Grass cvs for Cygwin on Windows XP.  I've tried your GIS
manager, and it looks great, but it won't call up NVIZ.  When i switch
back to the regular GIS manager, NVIZ starts just fine.  Do you have any
ideas about this?

eva.

Michael Barton wrote:
> I didn’t get the column button added to the cvs somehow. I just did so
> and it should work now. It IS present in the tar gzip package on my website.
>
> Michael
> ______________________________
> School of Human Evolution and Social Change
> Arizona State University
> Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
> USA
>
> voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671

> *From: *tim semmehaack <t.semmelhaack at gmail.com>
> *Date: *Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:45:38 +0200
> *To: *Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>
> *Subject: *Re: [GRASSLIST:8664] GIS Manager updates
>
> Hello Michael,
> your work on the GIS Manager looks great.
> I'm new to Grass and such a tool makes it much easier!
>
> I tried it out (CVS from this morning) but there are some problems with
> the icons:
>
> couldn't open "/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/etc/dm//columns.gif": no such
> file or directory
> couldn't open "/usr/local/grass-6.1.cvs/etc/dm//columns.gif": no such
> file or directory
>     while executing
> "image create photo -file "$dmpath/columns.gif""
>     (procedure "DmVector::options" line 110)
>     invoked from within
> "DmVector::options $id $opt"
>     ("vector" arm line 2)
>     invoked from within
> "switch $type {
>         raster {
>             DmRaster::options $id $opt
>         }
>         vector {
>             DmVector::options $id $opt
>         }
>    ..."
>     (procedure "Dm::select" line 14)
>     invoked from within
> "Dm::select $node"
>     (procedure "DmTree::select" line 12)
>     invoked from within
> "DmTree::select .mainframe.frame.pw1.f1.frame.sw.tree [string range
> [lindex [.mainframe.frame.pw1.f1.frame.sw.tree:cmd gettags current] 1] 2
> end]"
>     (command bound to event)
> Best regards
>
> Tim Semmelhaack
>
> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>     GIS Manager updates I just committed to the CVS a set of updates to
>     the GIS Manager.
>
>     The main functional differences are 1) a new, small window at the
>     bottom of the main GIS Manager frame in which the GRASS display
>     commands from all panels are listed (this was inspired by Maciek),
>     and 2) a button for the vector, chart, and thematic panels
>     (suggested by Markus) that can list the attribute columns of a
>     vector file in a small window.
>
>     Appearance changes include a new, easier to read set of icons for
>     the GIS Manager. I’ve had some problems with graphic files becoming
>     corrupted when committed to the cvs. I think this is solved.
>     However, let me know if there are any problematic icon gifs.
>
>     I’ve also posted the new GIS Manager files on my website
> [...]

Eva L. Hulse
PhD Student
University at Buffalo Anthropology Department
evahulse at buffalo.edu