[GRASSLIST:8757] Trailing EOL characters being appended to d.graph text

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Oct 26 11:35:02 EDT 2005

I've noticed that when I try printing text using a d.graph script, I get an
extra character after my text insertion, which I'm assuming is an EOL
character (it looks like a little rectangle, the same height as the text).
The particular symbol appended seems to vary somewhat depending on the font
used (I'm using freetype fonts via d.font.freetype, BTW). For instance, when
I use PALA, I get a little spiral character inserted. Most freetype fonts
seem to produce a rectangle, though.

Is there a fix for this? I've checked my d.graph script in Vim, and there
are no trailing whitespace characters in the 'text' line of d.graph.

~ Eric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eric Patton

Technologist, Geo-Spatial Data Services