[GRASSLIST:8177] Re: Cut a polygon (Area/boudary) into two?

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Mon Sep 5 15:24:34 EDT 2005

From: "Phillip J. Allen" <paallen at attglobal.net>

> I have an area vector layer and a want to draw a line across it and cut it
> into two sperate polygons.  How do I do this?

<snip>

Sorry if I didn't understand your problem, but isn't v.digit (or better the
QGIS Grass digit plugin) enough for this purpose?

Break the boundary in two locations, draw a boundary line to connect your
break points, digitize a centroid withing the "new" area. Assign attributes
as needed.

Best,
Maciek