[GRASSLIST:8180] Re: [GRASS5] Leaning GRASS

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 18:31:47 EDT 2005

> I have installed GRASS 6.0 under Linux OSfor some academic purpose.
> Being a beginner unable go ahead to explore the software.
>
> Can any one suggest, any good resource which can guide me to start
> with from the scratch.

Some recommended reading:
"GRASS Quickstart" by M. Neteler (in the GRASS help pages)
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass61/manuals/html61_user/helptext.html

"Visual Tutorial for GRASS 6" by L. Moretti (for non-UNIX people, GUI)
  http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/documents/Grass-6-Visual-Tutorial.pdf

"GRASS 6 in a nutshell" by M. Neteler (short tutorial)
  http://mpa.itc.it/markus/osg05/

"Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach. 2nd ed." by M. Neteler and H.
Mitasova  (Book; GRASS 5 but non-vector/sites chapters still valid)
  http://mpa.itc.it/grassbook2

"An introduction to the practical use of the Free Geographical
Information System GRASS 6.0" by GDF Hannover
  http://www.gdf-hannover.de/lit_html/grass60_v1.1_en/

More GRASS documentation and tutorials:
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/gdp/index.php

Hamish